Providing an efficient service, always looking after the interests of the people who trust Living Sitges to buy, rent or sell a property is our key principle, as well as helping them save time and money. And in this vein we write this article, with the aim of saving, in this case in the electrical consumption in households.
10 Tips to save electricity:
- Check with the electricity supplier that you have contracted the right energy for your needs, flat rates are not usually convenient.
- Use the “Eco” mode both in washing machines and dishwashers, as well as the cold water and “short” wash cycles whenever possible.
- Keep the refrigerator temperature between 3 and 7 degrees Celsius, and avoid having the door open unnecessarily.
- When buying appliances, make sure they have the class “A” energy efficiency label.
- Unplug electrical appliances when not in use, given that in “standby” mode they continue to consume energy.
- Finish cooking the food with the residual heat, turning off the ceramic stove a few minutes before finishing cooking.
- Make the most of sunlight and turn on the light bulbs only when it is really necessary.
- Replace conventional light bulbs with LED or low consumption ones.
- Make rational use of both air conditioning and heating, keeping the temperature at about 22 degrees Celsius in the summer and about 20 in winter.
- Turn off the air conditioning systems an hour before leaving the house and never use extreme temperatures to heat up or cool down the home quickly.